Your source for NFA weapons, parts and accessories.
Machine Guns For Sale. Your source for NFA weapons, parts and accessories.
Email :                      Machine Guns, Parts, and Relics                        Call to Order: 1 (417) 850-1649

Machine Gun Legality Map Silencer Legality Map                

      We Do Estate Appraisals and Consignments!

FREE Appraisals!

Silencer Legality Map

Most people don't realize suppressors are completely legal to own under federal law. Some state do however prohibit private ownership of silencers. Silencers are legal for private ownership in these states: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY.

Silencers are regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. The procedure required to purchase a silencer seems like a hassle. However, the process and paperwork is less trouble than getting a loan from the bank.

There are some people restricted from owning silencers by federal law. These include those under 21, non US residents, and those with felony records. All purchases of silencers must be handled by a Class 3 dealer in the state of the purchaser. We can connect you with a class 3 dealer in your area. It will be the Class 3 in your area who will handle the transfer of the silencer. There is generally a small fee attached to the transfer by the dealer. The dealer will provide you with duplicate ATF Form 4's and fingerprint cards. Your photo must be affixed to the backside of the form. There is a place on the form where a Chief Law-Enforcement officer (CLEO) must sign. This is to attest that the you do not have a criminal record and are not wanted. In most cases this signature is attained from the sheriff. The fingerprint cards will also be completed and signed by the CLEO. Your local class 3 will walk you through this process which can generally be done in the sheriffs office within an hour or two. The completed form 4 must be sent to the address on the form with a check or money order for $200.00. The $200.00 is a one time fee charged for transfer of the silencer. The fee is called a transfer fee and is only due upon a change in ownership of the silencer.

After the paper work reaches the ATF it will take at least 30 days to receive the approved paperwork. ATF prohibits your possession of the silencer before the paperwork is approved. A copy of the approved paperwork must accompany the silencer at all times (the original should be stored in a safe deposit box).

Machine Gun Legality Map

DARK GREEN => Not Allowed        LIGHT GREEN => Allowed